Saturday, April 4, 2015

Molybdomancy and carromancy explained



This isn't anything that I think we'll ever cover in the material science course at Princeton High School. We tend to steer clear of psuedoscience and of pouring molten metal into water.

I do understand, though, that with the mass of metal (tiny) and of water (relatively huge) there isn't going to be a significant change in water temperature, minimizing the temperature change and risk of any water vaporizing and then spitting the molten metal outward at the melter.

I do dig that the melting of metal (or wax - called carromancy - and also highlighted on the page where I found this video) is a New Years tradition in the teutonic world, but I'm a little saddened that it is used as some way to look into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment