Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The power of the mini arc furnace



There is a level of do-it-yourself project that is within my grasp.

Tighten up the hardware on the kitchen cabinets? Sure

Cut down the bushes out front? Got it

Even making the King of Random's mini metal foundry? Probably

But I'm the first to admit that I very quickly reach projects that are our of my depths, like making and then using the King of Random's mini arc furnace.

This one scares the mess out of me, and I'm going to strongly recommend that you only step into these depths if you know what you're doing.

But if you do know what you're doing, the one looks pretty awesome, using a homemade arc reactor to power an arc furnace, producing molten aluminum or copper for casting.

Be careful out there, folks...






No comments:

Post a Comment