Thursday, January 25, 2018

Turning air into plastic?



I remember the 'Anything Into Oil' claims. The article was first posted in 2006, and I thought our environmental concerns were solved.

It has, of course, been eleven years now since that first article, and we're still throwing away trash and pumping oil out of the ground - at increasingly desperate cost to our environment.

So, in the spirit of  'extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence', I'm not going to hold my breath until the airplastic comes to a store near me and gets the full scientific exploration that it deserves.

And as much as the science of this video from Thuderf00t seems sound, I don't know his bonafides either.

All that being said, the concept of sequestering carbon from the air to make the plastics that we're already using is pretty outstanding. I'm skeptically hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment