Monday, November 19, 2018

Heat Treatment -The Science of Forging (feat. Alec Steele)



There is something weird happening with the Real Engineering guy's accent. I'm struggling to place it exactly. There's a sing-song lilt to it that's screaming, "Irish" to me. Then, at 1:50, there's a weird ll-th thing going on with the 'through the heat treatment process' phrase that makes me think he's almost got Welsh in there. His patreon page says Galway, Ireland, but I've not heard that ll-th thing anywhere but from Wales.

Can anybody definitely say where he's from?

I'm going to have to check out the testing video from Alec Steele (an aptronym). Maybe that'll be next week's post.

So much great metallurgical explanation here...BCC, FCC, ferrite vs austenite vs pearlite, phase diagrams, quenching vs tempering vs annealing (normalising - British spelling, natch).

No comments:

Post a Comment