Monday, June 17, 2019

The Bismuthsmith


I've made bismuth crystals once or twice. I'm no Todd Bollenbaugh or anything, but I'm getting there.

Even Todd, however, isn't any sort of Bismuthsmith. He - actually, his name is Kyle Lauzon according to his Facebook page - seems to be an absolute bismuth master.

He makes tons of gorgeous hopper crystals and casts loads of varied figures.


...and he seems able to control the oxidation rate well enough that he can get consistent coloration from the oxides.

If you check out some of his live stream videos - through which he apparently sells his wares at discounted prices, I'm not sure how that works - you'll see that all the figures of a certain type have very similar coloration. He's obviously not doing that randomly.

And he seems able to control the color on the hopper crystals, too, because you can order specific colors.

I'm impressed, man...really impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment