Monday, October 7, 2019

How It's Made Crude Oil



For a video about crude oil, the accent of the narrator seems fairly refined.

When I was teaching one of our ASM summer camps in Houston a few years back, I was lucky enough to get to go to a working (but not producing) oil rig where the management company (I really should remember their name, but it escapes me at the moment - started with a W) tested their equipment and helped troubleshoot the rigs they managed for their customers. That experience - going their even once - made the drilling of crude oil much more real for me.

The above video goes through the process of drilling and purification - though they stop short of the fractionating columns, but I have a few videos lined up for that over the new few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment