Monday, February 17, 2020

Sacrificial anode photos and links

I was recently searching online for some better images of sacrificial anodes for our material science slideshow at school, and I thought I might as well put these out there for any other science teachers using the blog.

I will say in advance that I didn't take any of these, and that's why I'll be linking to the source. All were accessed in January and February of 2020. The links may rot, but I'll keep the images up.




From corrosionpedia - buried pipe anode


From boatus - boat anodes (notice the two larger plus one on each rudder)

From stoprust - pipeline anodes in Alaska before burial

From Amazon - a corrosion 'grenade' to protect copper pipes

From ship-technology - multiple anodes below waterline on a ship

From interior corrosion services - two anodes connected by wire to a pipe in ground

From wikipedia (sadly in really small size only) - multiple anodes on a ship's hull with a person for size reference

Also from wikipedia - bar anodes (the silver-colored bars) mounted all over the structure of a metal structure at sea

From korrosiongruppen - zinc anodes on a new boat

From EMCIndustries - image (lower res than I might have liked) of the various anodes and corrosion protection systems they sell



No comments:

Post a Comment