Monday, September 4, 2023

Why is Pyrex exploding? | How To Cook That Ann Reardon

I've found myself watching a bunch of cooking/science videos lately. Dunno why, but I partially blame the YouTube algorithm for steering me via what they present to me.

That being said, I love that there is a good overlap between science and food videos. In the above one, Ann Reardon, an Aussie YouTuber who does a bunch of debunking videos for recipes that seem too easy to be real, looks at the differences between Pyrex and pyrex including whether that simple capital letter logo trick really works to distinguish the borosilicate from the tempered soda lime glass.

She says it's not quite that easy, though I've heard it is that easy.

Either way, be careful with your kitchen pyrex and drastic temperature changes, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment