Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pykrete - collecting videos

Pie-crete (sp?)...Mythbusters



In an earlier post, we saw a video go through the history of pykrete, a composite of wood pulp (or sawdust in some reports) and ice. The materials was championed by - and named for - a British inventor named Geoffrey Pyke.

When I brought up the material in class one year, a student mentioned that Mythbusters had done an episode on the feasibility of using pykrete as a boat-building material. Since I couldn't find the full episode online, I thought I'd post all the clips I could find - from Mythbusters and two other television shows exploring pykrete.

And I don't want to hear any snotty comments about Mythbusters.





Mythbusters - Newspaper Boat



The final boat...Mythbusters



Shooting pykrete...Shipwreck Central



Ice Boat Sets Sail on Solent and Sinks - Bang Goes the Theory

No comments:

Post a Comment