Monday, November 22, 2021

Manufacturing plywood boards: then and now

I like that the music choice for the video. The beat is a little propulsive but isn't overpowering, and the groove over top of the beat is smooth enough that it can play for nearly seven minutes without becoming repetitive or annoying.

By the by, I came upon this video because my wife and I were watching a video about the making of an apple tart in which the youtuber referred to his process as being kind of like making plywood. He's correct in that he had a rotary cutter slice off lengths of apple - as the rotary cutter slices off lengths of the tree - and then reassembles the apply lengths as the tree slides are reassembled (though he went for a round tart rather than the flat plywood.)

It's interesting to see how many people were needed for making plywood in 1954 and how few are needed in modern manufacturing. 

Robots? They took our jobs, am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment