Monday, October 9, 2023

Making a BULLETPROOF John Wick Suit in Real Life!

I love the John Wick series. It's ridiculous and phenomenally unreal that the main character would survive even the remotest bit of the damage done to him throughout the series of films.

With that being said, I guess a bulletproof dress suit similar to John Wick's is possible. I say that because this video is about the process of making just such a suit.

There is a lot of firing of guns - all on a controlled, safety-checked gun range, at least - in the video. The high quality stuff to me is the initial exploration of how they should do the testing to see which materials are bulletproof and the minimum of those materials that they can use. The try to cheap out on the testing methods initially but come to realize that the testing standards are written because the standards describe the ways that actually work. I appreciate that.

I also appreciate the discussion of composite materials even though the sheer-thickening fluids from my previous post didn't seem to provide any advantages, which is a little disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment