Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ceramic Disc Golf Contest


I'm a big frisbee golf guy. When time, weather, and schedule allow, I try to play a couple of times a week, and I've even had a trio of holes in one (holes 4 & 7 at Gardener Park and 17 at Winton Woods).

Admittedly, though, I have never tried to play frisbee golf with a ceramic disc. I'm more of a Roc guy, myself.

Keramos, the American Ceramics Society, is sponsoring a contest to build a ceramic disc golf disc for the fall MS&T conference in Pittsburgh in October. The goal is to build a disc that will hold together and hit the basket from the furthest distance away (three tires from each distance - kind of like pole vault), so there's a bit of disc golf skill involved, too.

Check out the rules online or above.

No comments:

Post a Comment