Monday, July 29, 2013

ASM Materials Camp 2012



I kinda wish I would've gotten to go to an ASM materials camp when I was a high school student. I'm thinking that if I had, I might've ended up heading down a different path.

Not that I don't love my job now. I do love it. Especially if my principal happens to stumble upon this blog. I love my job and my boss.

This video gives a glimpse into the week-long student summer materials camps. In the camps the students are broken into small (five- or six-student) groups and spend the week exploring an group-specific problem. Along the way, the whole group comes together for some materials instruction and a few activities - like the forging going on under the tent above. It's a very different set-up from the teacher camps and one that lets the students be even more hands on.

The above video captures some highlights from and interviews at the Eisenman Materials Science camp that takes place each summer at the ASM headquarters in Materials Park, OH - one of more than twenty student camps each summer. Check out the full camp schedule on the ASM foundation website.

No comments:

Post a Comment